The Young Scholars’ Workshop, as part of the 7th Vienna Music Business Research Days (Vienna, Austria), invites once again young researchers to submit paper abstracts of all disciplines exploring questions that help understand economic and managerial problems as well as processes of the music business sector and in the field of music management. There are many questions that call for investigation and need to be discussed in music business research, for example:
- What drives innovation in the music business sector?
- How can we scientifically understand and differentiate music business models?
- What do we know about critical success factors? Have success factors changed over time – and has music business (entrepreneurship) changed in general?
- What rationalities affect this very “personal” industry?
- What does it mean to be self-managed in the music business?
- What can we learn about the customer’s willingness to pay for music recordings or related goods?
- Who will control the future music market, e.g., startups or Apple?
- How can we understand the role of brands and the music industry?
- And how can music business research support efforts for innovative business models?
These research questions are not exhaustive, papers may also address other aspects.
The workshop organizers Prof. Dr. Carsten Winter (Hanover University of Music, Drama and Media) and Prof. Dr. Peter Tschmuck (University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna) strongly encourage submissions from students at all levels of MA & PhD. Students are supposed to work on their MA or PhD thesis and discuss it with senior researchers of music business research.
Abstracts (of about 1,000 characters) are due by April 30, 2016, and full papers (15-30 pages) are due by August 31, 2016. Only abstracts and papers submitted on time will be considered.
A maximum of 6-8 papers will be selected for presentation to guarantee a workshop atmosphere. The sessions will combine paper presentations and discussions including interactive elements. Information on the acceptance of the paper proposal will be sent until June 1, 2016, at the latest.
Please email your submission to email@example.com
Paper proposals and final papers must be submitted as pdf documents and should include contact information, at least affiliation, e-mail address, telephone number and postal address of the author(s).
In cooperation with